What I'm Buying - Smith's 11/6

Wednesday, November 6, 2013
It has been a LONG time since I have done one of these posts.  I feel like the grocery sales and the coupons just haven't really been that good for the last six months or so.  Just kinda "so-so", and so I haven't really felt like there was much to post about.  :(  Well, I guess I could lament the fact that my grocery bill seems to get higher every month, even WITH coupons and price matching... I miss the days when I could get out of Smith's or Albertson's with a cart full of groceries for about $40.  These days, I'm lucky if I can make it out of Smith's with half a cart full and for under $100.  Boo!

But this week has been FABULOUS for some great stock-up sales so far!!!

Monday found me at three different stores - Walmart (to price match), then Harmon's (because WM didn't have some of the things I wanted to price match) and Smiths to catch the end of last week's sale.  I was able to score several packages of boneless skinless chicken breasts for 1.29/lb!!!  (I ALWAYS seem to miss the meat markdowns, so this was a rare score for me.)

At Harmon's this week, they've got Western Family canned tomatoes and canned beans for .39 each when you buy in multiples of 10!  And their Western Family ketchup is only .69 as part of that same promo!!!  One of the BEST deals was the Blue Diamond Almond Milk (we have family members with dairy allergies) half-gallons for 1.67 - WOW!!!!  (They were 1.40 after coupon - lowest I've EVER paid for that stuff!)

Here's what I got at Smith's today:

 
 
It's another Mega Event sale at Smiths - buy 10 items and save $5.

(6) Huggies jumbo packs diapers, on sale 8.99 (ranged from 6.49 to 7.49 with coupons, BUT you also get a $5 Catalina coupon wyb 2 in one transaction)
(4) Mott's apple juice 64oz, on sale 2.49 (1.99 after promo, .99 after coupon)
(8) C&H sugar 4lb, on sale 2.49 (1.99 after promo, 1.49-1.59 after coupon)
(4) Gillette Satin Care shave gel, on sale 1.99 (1.49 after promo, .49 after coupon)
(1) Kraft mayo, on sale 3.49 (2.99 after promo)
(4) Challenge butter 1lb, on sale 2.49 (1.99 after promo)
(2) Land O Lakes butter 1lb, on sale 2.49 (1.99 after promo)
(4) Ronzoni Garden Delight pasta, on sale .99 (.49 after promo, FREE after coupon)
(5) Stove Top stuffing mix, on sale 1.49 (.99 after promo)
(4) Betty Crocker cake mix, on sale 1.49 (.99 after promo, .57 after coupon)
(1) Ronzoni HealthyHarvest spaghetti, on sale .99 (.49 after promo, FREE after coupon)
(2) Ocean Spray canned cranberry sauce, on sale 1.49 (.99 after promo)
(4) Campbell's cream of mushroom soup, on sale .99 (.49 after promo, .29 after coupon)
(6) Campbell's cream of chicken soup, on sale .99 (.49 after promo, .29 after coupon)
(4) Hormel chili, on sale 1.49 (.99 after promo, .49-.72 after coupon)
(1) Kraft Philadelphia cream cheese tub, on sale 1.79 (1.29 after promo, .79 after coupon)
(3) Classico pasta sauce, on sale 1.99 (1.49 after promo, .89 after coupon)
(3) Heinz gravy, on sale 1.29 (.79 after promo)
(10) American Beauty pasta, on sale .99 (.49 after promo)
Granny smith apples, on sale .99/lb
Red delicious apples, on sale .99/lb
Bartlett pears, on sale .99/lb

To get the deal on the diapers, I had to do three different transactions, to roll the Catalina coupons. 

AND, even more savings -
     *The gravy bottles have a coupon under the label for 1.00/2 jars.
     *The butter has coupons inside for .75 off any Challenge product.
     *The Catalina machine also spit out a coupon for 1.50 off any 5 Campbell's soups!

Total:  $106.75 + I still have one $5 Catalina coupon

(Only about $71 if you leave out the diapers!)

0 comments: