Homemade Laundry Detergent

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Another of the "mixes" we talked about today in the Meals and Mixes class was homemade laundry detergent.

Usually for blog posts, I try to take pictures of all the ingredients, or photos of certain steps in the process.  I made this stuff back in July, and just today realized that I had failed to take ANY pictures when making it.  Bad blogger.

So instead of just posting a boring recipe here with no other pictures than the one above, I will send you to the post where I originally got the recipe from.  She has great pictures and gives some good tips that will be useful when attempting to make your own!

I used this stuff for several weeks, but unfortunately it coincided with the worst weeks of my morning sickness, and I'm super-hyper-sensitive to smells during my first trimester, so the smell of this stuff, while nice, was just too overpowering for me after a few weeks and I had to stop using it for the sake of my stomach!  ;)

DIY Laundry Soap from How Does She?

There is also another one to try out, that also gets really great reviews.  From a fellow Utahn, even! :)  (This one is a liquid version.)

Super Concentrated No Grate Liquid Laundry Detergent from One Good Thing by Jillee

If you try this stuff out, let me know what you think!







0 comments: