New addition to the emergency preparedness supplies!

Friday, February 15, 2013

Who knew that oil lamps were still relatively easy to find and actually quite cheap to purchase?!?  Hmm, not me.  Until this week, when I was browsing the aisles at Walmart waiting for a prescription to be filled. 

I found this little lovely sitting with all the candles.  She was about $6 I think.  The bottles of oil were less than that, and the wicks were .99 each!  So I brought her home with me.  I have some candles already in our storage, and some flashlights and a battery-operated lantern already, but this gives us another option.  It is safe to burn inside or outside. Of course, being glass means it isn't very earthquake-proof, so it will need to be stored someowhere safe and secure rather than just sitting open on a shelf.

And hey, should I ever have to teach a lesson in church about the Parable of the Ten Virgins, I'll have a great object lesson ready to go!  :)

0 comments: