Great emergency kit find at Costco!

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

HTI Hydropacks, 20ct

I have mentioned these little babies before very briefly, and they've been on my list of things to research further for awhile now.  Well, I was very surprised to walk down the aisle at Costco on Monday night after a doctor appointment and find them sitting there on a shelf staring back at me!  Hooray!  Needless to say, it didn't take long before they were in my cart, he he he...  :)

These are portable water filter pouches.  You can put them in any water source, and leave them for about 12 hours, and through osmosis they will filter incoming water and fill up.  They have an electrolyte-type mix (think: Gatorade) inside that flavors the water a little and helps with hydration.  Then you poke the included straw into the pouch just like a Capri-Sun and drink!

This bucket contains 20 pouches that will fill with 12-17oz of filtered water each.  The price at the Murray Costco was $24.99 (which is fabulous, considering that the next cheapest option I've found is $19.99 for 6 pouches).

These are destined for our 72-hour kits and also some will go in the car emergency kits as well.

[Please note that they do have an expiration date, but the bucket I bought on Monday doesn't expire until September 2018.]

0 comments: