What I'm Buying - Smith's, 11/5

Monday, November 5, 2012
I apologize that it has been so long since I've posted one of these.  Things have been crazier than crazy, and I'm afraid that chasing down grocery deals has had to take a back seat for awhile.  And even when I have done some coupon deals, I haven't had much of a chance to post about them.  But hopefully things are calming down a little bit now and I can get back to posting more of these.

The purpose of putting these up is not to brag about getting cheap deals.  It really started as just a way to show examples for others that were learning how to use coupons, but has proven to be very useful in showing how I work on adding to my food storage little by little by stocking up when I find good deals.  I want people to see that food storage is not just all about what comes out of a big #10 can.

Smith's is running a great Mega Event right now with some fabulous deals on holiday meal items!  I find really great grocery deals in November and December, and do a lot of stocking up.  Baking items go on sale (sugar, flour, chocolate chips, etc.) along with soups, broths, mixes, chilis and other hearty items.  And good thing, too, because we just used our last can of chicken broth a few weeks ago and were completely out!  :)

So, here's what I picked up at Smith's today.  The promo is "buy 10 items, save $5 instantly".  There are some great coupon matchups that make for some really good stock-up prices!

 
 
(2) whole milk, on sale 2.89 (2.14 after coupon)
(2) 32oz Kroger shredded cheese, on sale 5.99 (4.99 after coupon)
(2) green leaf lettuce, 1.29
(2) organic green leaf lettuce, on sale 1.59
(1) organic romaine lettuce, on sale 1.49
roma tomatoes, .99/lb
(4) Duncan Hines cake mixes, on sale 1.25 (.75 after coupon)
(4) StoveTop stuffing mixes, on sale 1.29 (.79 after promo, .29 after coupon)
(4) Kraft JetPuffed marshmallows, on sale 1.19 (.69 after promo, .44 after coupon)
(4) CoolWhip, 1.39 (.89 after promo, .39 after coupon)
(2) Dove Men + Care body wash, on sale 3.99 (3.49 after promo, 1.49 after coupon, .49 after Catalina offer)
(8) Hormel chili, on sale 1.39 (.89 after promo, .39 after coupon)
(4) Blue Diamond almond milk, on sale 2.49 (1.99 after promo, 1.62 after coupon, 1.12 after Catalina offer)
(4) Swansons broth 32oz carton, on sale 1.99 (1.49 after promo, .99 after coupon)
(9) Pringles chips, on sale 1.49 (.99 after promo, .83 after coupon)
(6) Campbell's Cream of Chicken soup, on sale 1.19 (.69 after promo, .44 after coupon)
(5) Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup, on sale 1.19 (.69 after promo, .44 after coupon)
 
Total:  $57.55 + I got a $2 Catalina coupon for the Dove and a $2.00 Catalina coupon for the almond milk
 
All of the items you see in the picture (except for the lettuce, tomatoes and milks) are for my food storage.  My pantry is my food storage, and my food storage is my pantry, so we definitely store what we eat and eat what we store!  No need to have just boring bland grains and nothing else in your food storage.  If you can store it, you can count it as food storage!  So feel free to include fun items, like cake mixes, candy, chocolate, potato chips (short term) in your food storage.  Just make sure you rotate them!  ;)
  

0 comments: