What I'm Buying - Smith's 8/4

Saturday, August 4, 2012
We ran out of milk this morning, and since I ran out of steam last night and didn't get to Smith's then to get the milk, I got up and went this morning.  Here's what I picked up:


(6) Quaker Quakes, on sale 1.00 (.75 after coupons)
(2) Frosted Mini-Wheats cereal, on sale 1.99 (1.49 after coupons)
(1) corn tortillas, clearanced to .45
(2) gallons whole milk, on sale 2.00 (1.25 after coupons)
(1) ammonia, 1.19 (for making my own window cleaner)
(2) Easy Off oven cleaners, 5.79
(1) Kroger oven cleaner, 2.29
(1) pkg boneless skinless chicken breasts, on sale 1.69/lb
(1) pkg boneless skinless chicken breasts, clearanced to 1.18/lb (woohoo!!!)
(1) Kroger nail clippers, on sale .63 (broke mine yesterday)
(1) Mirra Daily nail clippers, 3.19

I used (2) .75/1 printable coupons for the milk (see GroupA at GrocerySmarts), (2) .50/1 printables for the cereal (see link at GrocerySmarts list - from the Kellogg's site), and (2) 1.00/2 coupons for the Quaker items (can't remember where I printed them from).

Total:  $49.78

GRRR - that seems so high for just three sacks of groceries...But unfortunately it's only going to get worse I'm afraid.  With more than half of the country in drought this year, they are estimating that we will lose 2/3 of our corn and soy crops.  That is HUGE because corn and soy are in EVERYTHING (not good, but that's the way it is right now).  So when the prices for corn and soy go up, prices for EVERYTHING go up - including for fuel.  Makes me really wish I had a garden this year!

0 comments: