My sun oven is here!!!

Sunday, June 24, 2012
We came back from a trip to visit my grandmother yesterday, and guess what was waiting for me on the front porch?  My sun oven!!!  That was so fast!

So, we wasted no time in unpacking it and then today I set it out for a first run...


This is Sweet and Sour Pork Chops sitting in my new sun oven to cook.  I left this outside from about 11am on, and will pull it in about 5:30pm or 6pm when my husband gets home and we're ready to eat. 

I LOVE that I could set it up and basically forget about it while we were at church.  SO easy!!!  And it didn't heat up my kitchen like the regular oven would!  Hooray - especially since it is 100F here today.

I will let you know how it turns out.  So far it looks good - there is moisture on the inside of the oven glass, and the thermometer is above 300F.  Oh, and it didn't tip over in the wind today - thank goodness. 

Keep your fingers crossed for me!

0 comments: