Food Storage Recipe: Southwestern Egg Rolls

Thursday, May 31, 2012
We had these for dinner this week, and I thought they turned out great, considering that I had to modify them to be dairy-free.  I was able to use quite a few ingredients from food storage, so that is always a good thing!


Southwestern Egg Rolls

2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced (I used one jar of canned chicken)
1/2 red bell pepper, diced (I used 1/2 cup of dehydrated red/green bell pepper mix, reconstituted)
2 Tbsp green onions, chopped fine
1/4 c onion, minced fine (I used dehydrated)
1 can corn
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 c spinach, sliced thin
1 small can diced green chiles
1/2 Tbsp fresh parsley (I used 1 tsp dried)
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 c Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese, shredded (I used Daiya non-dairy shreds)
tortillas (I used the uncooked kind from Costco)

Mix together all ingredients except chicken and cheese.  Transfer to saute pan and heat until warm.  Add cheese and chicken back in, and mix well.  Spoon 1/2 c of mixture into warmed tortillas.  Fold in both sides, then roll from one end.  Place rolls in saute pan and weigh down with second pan (or heat-safe plate under large can of food) to flatten until browned. 

I served these with a dairy-free ranch dressing - YUMMY!!!

0 comments: