Gossner Shelf-Stable Whipping Cream - Question & Answer

Tuesday, April 17, 2012
For the reader in West Jordan who wants to know whether the Gossner's whipping cream is still good if it has thickened in the carton:

Here's what I found on their site, "All Gossner Shelf Stable Dairy Products may be stored in the refrigerator if you choose to do so; however, Gossner's Shelf Stable Whipping Cream must be stored at room temperature if the storage period is more than three weeks. The cold temperatures over a prolonged period of time (several weeks) may cause the Whipping cream to thicken and have to be spooned from the carton."

Since I keep my containers downstairs in the basement, it gets cold, especially in winter, so most of the packages I open have the cream already thick. I haven't had any problems with it, except it can just be a pain to have to scoop out instead of pour out.

If you're still within the expiration date, or even within 6 months after that (they told me at the chalet chop that it should still be good for 6 months past the expiration date), even if it is thickened, you should be fine.

0 comments: