Food Storage Recipe: Pizza Sauce

Saturday, March 17, 2012
Ever since yeast and I decided to put aside our difference and get on speaking terms, I've been able to make homemade pizza with relatively positive success. Of course, a good pizza doesn't just come from good dough - it needs other great ingredients, including a good sauce.

I found this recipe for a homemade pizza sauce about a year ago, and it has quickly become my go-to favorite. It is easy, quick to throw together AND it comes straight out of my food storage! We use it on pizzas, but it makes enough that there is usually some left over as a dipping sauce too!


Best Ever (Food Storage) Pizza Sauce

1 can diced tomatoes (drained or undrained, depending on how thick you like your sauce)
1 small can tomato paste
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp garlic salt

Place all ingredients in food processor or blender and pulse until you reach your desired consistency.

0 comments: