What I'm Buying - Smith's 1/18

Thursday, January 19, 2012
After Harmons, we stopped briefly at Target since it was right there in the same shopping center.  I was looking for some yogurt (they didn't have it) and some applesauce (not on price cut in our area).  I DID find a couple of toys leftover from the big clearance last week that were 70% off, and some Heinz canned gravy for .64 each.

After Target it was off to pick up the preschooler from class and then over to Smith's to grab some stock-up items for food storage.  It was my lucky day, because I found a bunch of great stuff in the refrigerated markdowns!  :)

Here's what I picked up:


(26) Chef Boyardee, on sale .88 (.71 after coupon)
(2) Trop50 orange juice, on sale 2.99 (1.99 after coupon)
(14) Oscar Mayer luncheables, clearanced to .89
(10) Hormel pepperoni, on sale 1.00 (.50 after coupon)
(5) Johnsonville summer sausage, clearanced to 1.79 (although looking at the receipt, one rang up at full price of 3.49 - GRRR!)
(2) Hormel pepperoni sticks, clearanced to 1.99
(2) Armor summer sausage, on sale 3.99

I used (1) 1.00/6 eCoupon for the pasta (see Smith's website), (5) .50/4 coupons for the pasta [see SS-1/1], (2) 1.00/1 printables for the juice [from a Facebook promo], and (5) 1.00/2 coupons for the pepperoni [see SS-1/15].

Quick clarification:  I thought my particular store's coupon limit was 5 of the same kind (from inserts) and 2 of the same kind for printables.  But when I asked the cashier yesterday, she said it was 4 of the same kind for insert coupons, but that she would allow me to use the 5 similar coupons for this particular transaction. 

Total:  $65.65

I went to more stores than usual this week, and spent more than usual this week, because I don't plan on doing any grocery shopping for the next two weeks if possible.  The new arrival is scheduled to be induced this weekend, so I wanted to get this all done ahead of time.  :)

0 comments: