What I'm Buying - Ream's 1/18

Thursday, January 19, 2012
After Macey's it was off to Ream's, just down the road.  I have to tell you that I really miss my Sunflower Market for produce, but luckily Ream's has been able to fill that void mostly.  I have been very impressed with their produce and their prices (on produce and meat - their prices on non-produce stuff still tend to be very high, even on sale).

Here's what I picked up:


(3) pkgs pork sirloin roast, on sale 1.89/lb
(2) 3lb bags clementines, on sale 2.99
(2) heads green leaf lettuce, 1.09 ea
(5) red bell peppers, on sale .79 ea
(6) d'anjou pears, on sale .99/lb
(5) dozen large eggs, on sale .99
(1) Western Family sour cream, on sale .99
(2) bunches bananas, on sale .49/lb
(4) cucumbers, on sale .39 ea

I did not use any coupons on this one.

Total:  $49.64

The bell peppers get seeded and sliced or diced, and then put in ziploc bags in the freezer for use in various recipes.  My husband was wondering what in the world I planned on doing with 5 dozen eggs, but then I reminded him that he can down an entire dozen in 24 hours if they are made into deviled eggs.  Now I just have to find the energy to make the deviled eggs!  Also, I was thinking I'd have some time to make some into egg patties for biscuit sandwiches (to also be put in freezer and pulled out for breakfasts), but the time is fast fleeing and the new baby is expected tomorrow, so those may have to wait for a week or so.

0 comments: