What I'm Buying - Macey's 1/18

Thursday, January 19, 2012
So, we start our marathon grocery shopping story at Macey's yesterday. It was a pretty quick trip, but the cereal was definitely going fast! Apparently each Macey's location has a different "list" of which cereals are included in the 10 for $10 sale, so the selection may vary. I got lucky and found that the West Jordan store had quite a few varieties they were including, which made for a nice haul! And there is no limit to the number of groups of 10 you can do (and they don't have to be 10 of the same item - it's a mix and match sale).

In fact, the early reports were for some varieties that I didn't think I'd really want, so I didn't actually bring enough coupons to cover everything I bought. The West Jordan location included Trix in the sale, and I haven't seen that on sale for months, so I grabbed it while I could, coupons or not.

Here's what I picked up:


(Sorry for the hideously blurry and dark picture)

(30) GM cereals, on sale 1.99 (1.49 after promo, .99 after coupon)
[Dulce de Leche Cheerios, Multi-Grain Peanut Butter Cheerios, Frosted Toast Crunch and Trix]
(20) Progresso soups, on sale 1.59 (1.09 after promo, .84 after coupon)
(6) Bubba's bagels, on sale 1.50
(6) Western Family canned chili beans, on sale .69
(1) head broccoli (not pictured), on sale .69/lb

I used (7) 1.00/2 coupons for the cereal [see SS-12/11], (1) 1.00/2 printable coupon for the cereal [see GroupA at GrocerySmarts], and (5) 1.00/4 coupons for the soup [see SS-12/11 or GM-1/8].

Total: $70.55

I could have saved another $5-$8 with more coupons for the cereal, but like I said, I wasn't sure exactly what was included and wasn't expecting to find the Trix included, so I didn't bring extras. The cereal was going fast, and since Macey's is a bit of a drive for me, I figured it was best to just get the cereal then and not risk it being all out if I tried to come back another day with coupons. Gotta pick your battles, right?

0 comments: