What I'm Buying - SuperTarget 11/21

Tuesday, November 22, 2011
Target has a great sale going on this week for diapers - buy 3 participating packages and get a $5 gift card. Plus there are some great coupons that can be used with this. I split up my transactions so I could use the gift cards from the diapers to pay for some of my more expensive stuff.

Transaction #1:


(8) packages Huggies diapers, on sale 8.99 (6.99 after coupon)
(1) package Huggies Pure & Natural diapers, on sale 8.99 (5.99 after coupon)

I used (7) 2.00/1 coupons for the regular diapers [see SS-11/20], (1) 1.00/1 coupon for the regular diapers [see SS-11/20], and (1) 3.00/1 coupon for the Pure & Natural diapers [from a product mailer].

Total: $61.42 + $15 in gift cards

If any of you go to do this deal this week, be VERY, very careful to check your receipt after purchase and count the number of coupons it takes off. I watched the cashier scan all of my 9 coupons, and each one was accepted, but when I finished checking out, it was higher than I thought. I paid and then moved out of the line to check my receipt, and sure enough, only 5 of the 9 coupons had credited to my purchase. This is quite common on the gift card deals because of the way the register does the receipt - it bundles the items into groups of 2 or 3 and then adds in the gift card promo, so sometimes it skips the second coupon being applied to that particular grouping and only counts one, since it's only one line item on the receipt. If this happens, you'll need to go to Customer Service and explain that not all of your coupons were credited to you, and tell them what register you were on because they will have to go and pull the actual coupons.

Transaction #2:


(1) bunch kale, on sale .99
(1) Market Pantry frozen turkey breast, on sale .99/lb
(1) Archer Farms spiral-sliced honey half ham, on sale 1.89/lb

No coupons used, but I did use the three $5 gift cards from the diapers.

Total: $13.76

0 comments: