Recipe: Pumpkin Bread

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

This is one of my all-time favorite treats for fall! I love this stuff, especially when it is topped with a beautiful layer of cream cheese. :) The best part about it is that the recipe is completely food-storage friendly!


Pumpkin Bread

3 1/2 cups flour
3 cups sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cloves
3 eggs (or 3 Tbsp powdered eggs + 6 Tbsp water)
1 cup oil
2 cups canned pumpkin

Combine all dry ingredients. Then add wet ingredients and mix until blended. Pour into prepared loaf pans. Bake at 350F for 1 hour.

Makes 2 large loaves or 3 small ones.

For today's batch, I used part white and part wheat flour, because I had some leftover wheat flour from making bread last week. I also used half sugar and half Splenda because, well, I felt like it (and I had Splenda that needed to be used).

I also used powdered eggs - so I added 3 tablespoons of powdered dry eggs to the dry ingredients, and then added 6 tablespoons of water to the wet ingredients.

The pumpkin is a strong-enough flavor that you could easily disguise plenty of wheat flour in this recipe if you're just starting out adding to your family's diet.

I give you fair warning though - this stuff will NOT stick around very long, it is THAT good!!!

0 comments: