More Canning

Saturday, October 8, 2011
I ended up doing some apple pie filling yesterday - quite the adventure (and QUITE a mess)! I will post pictures, and details, and the recipe soon.

While I was out at the store finding the *correct* version of Clear Jel for my second batch of pie filling, I just *had* to stop at Ream's for their 40lb box of boneless, skinless chicken breasts - on sale this week for $1.30/lb (makes it $52.00 for the box). And that meant I wasn't quite as done with the canning as I thought...

So, this morning was spent canning chicken. Stay tuned for a detailed step-by-step how-to for canning chicken - it is much easier than you think - I promise! I've posted about the canned chicken before, but this time I remembered to take pictures of the various steps along the way! :)

[I have been making updates to the Prepare Every Needful Thing page on Facebook, in between batches of canning, but just haven't had time to do the full blog posts yet - feel free to susbscribe to the page on Facebook if you'd like.]

0 comments: