Canning Recipe: Raspberry Lemonade Concentrate

Monday, August 29, 2011
I LOVE raspberry lemonade! So when I got my new canning book, I was so very excited to see the recipe for strawberry lemonade - that I could can! And I knew it would be no problem to substitute raspberries for strawberries.

I'm a big fan of the Simply Lemonade (Raspberry) drink you can pick up at the grocery store, but it just cannot compare to this homemade stuff. It is fabulous!

This drink reminds me of the amazing "aguas frescas" and fresh fruit juices that I used to get in Mexico and Ecuador - yum!!!

Raspberry Lemonade Concentrate
Makes about 6-7 pint jars

6 cups raspberries, washed and drained
4 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
6 cups granulated sugar

In a blender or food processor, puree raspberries until smooth. Transfer to large stainless steel pot. Add lemon juice and sugar and stir to combine. Heat to 190F over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Do not boil. Remove from heat and skim off foam.

Ladle into prepared jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Process in boiling water bath for 15 minutes (25 minutes for Utah).

To reconstitute, mix one part concentrate with one part water or ginger-ale. Adjust to taste. (It can be a little sweet at this ratio, so we've been mixing it at about 1 part concentrate to 1 1/2 parts water.)

(Recipe adapted from the Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving)

4 comments:

Lori said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Candi said...

Please, no advertising on this site.

Anonymous said...

Do you find it is too seedy when you don't strain the raspberries??

Candi said...

I haven't had any problems with the seeds, but you could certainly strain it as you pour it in the jars. Or give the mixture a few minutes in the pot after you finish cooking to let any leftover seeds settle to the bottle.