What I'm Buying - Sunflower Market 6/8

Wednesday, June 8, 2011
Sorry, it has been the most chaotic day...I don't have pictures yet. I'll update the post with pics later.

We got last-minute notice that we were going to proceed to close on the sale of our previous house today (we had already attempted two other closing dates with no luck). We only had about an hour's notice, and had to drive nearly all the way across the valley, but we made it - barely.

After the closing and our subsequent celebratory dinner, where we gorged ourselves on way more sushi than should ever be eaten in one sitting, I asked my dear hubs to stop at Sunflower Market so I could grab just a few things before we left town to come home (aka "the boondocks", "the sticks", "outer Mongolia", etc.).

Here's what I picked up:

(12) pkg grass-fed 93% lean ground beef, on sale 2.99/lb
(2) bags red seedless grapes, on sale .59/lb (can you BELIEVE that price?!?!)
(2) large mangos, on sale .50 ea (need to make more Grilled Tilapia with Mango Salsa - it was SOOO good!)
(1) 1lb bag carrots, .69

Total: about $40

I am super excited to try the beef! It's pretty darn pricey compared to what I'm used to buying/paying, but so many people tell me you can really taste the difference with grass-fed beef, and I really like the idea of grass-fed (lower fat, higher omega 3 oils, less calories, more natural for the animals, etc.). I've been told that 2.99/lb is actually a REALLY good price for grass-fed beef, so I thought we'd give it a try.

2 comments:

Camille said...

Congratulations!!!! So, who are the new neighbors?

Candi said...

I honestly have no idea. The buyer's agent was not forthcoming, and our agent never really asked.