What I'm Buying - Smith's 4/13

Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Smith's has a good promo on GM cereals this week - buy 4 and get a $5 gift card! There are several varieties of cereal that are even on salt for $2.50 each - after coupons and factoring in the gift card, you can pick them up for a net price of .70-.85 each!

The only trick is if you want more than 4, you'll need to purchase them in separate transactions.

There is also a Catalina promo on Nestle Tollhouse morsels - buy 3 and get $2 Cat coupon, buy 4+ and get $3 Cat coupon.

Here's what I picked up today:


(4) GM Golden Grahams cereal, on sale 2.50 (2.00 after coupon)
(4) GM Honey Nut Cheerios cereal, on sale 2.50 (2.00 after coupon)
(3) GM Total cereal, on sale 2.50 (2.00 after coupon)
(1) GM Total Omega 3 cereal, on sale 2.50 (2.00 after coupon)
(12) FiberOne 90Cal bars, on sale 2.50 (2.10 after coupon)
(2) Silk Almond milk, on sale 2.99 (2.49 after coupon)
(1) Mountain Dairy whole milk, on sale 2.28
(4) Kroger butter, on sale 1.99
(8) Nestle Tollhouse morsels, on sale 2.00 (1.25 after coupon)
(2) bags red seedless grapes, on sale .99/lb
(2) dozen eggs, on sale .99 ea

I ended up doing 6 separate transactions. Because I got there a little later than normal today (10:30am) and it was starting to get busy, I did not want to hold up a checkout line while I did each transaction, so I opted to go through the self-check kiosk. In hindsight, it probably would have been better to go through the regular line, do 2 quick transactions, then go to the car and come back in, do 2 more, etc.

Some people are reporting that they were able to roll the $5 gift card from one transaction and use it to pay for a second transaction, but mine wouldn't work that morning, and they told me it was taking 15-20 minutes for the system to update the gift cards. So, I ended up with 6 $5 gift cards at the end. That's okay because I'll just use them on my next trip.

I WAS able to roll the Nestle Catalinas over. I bought 4 bags in my first transaction, and then used the $3 Cat I got to pay for a second transaction with 4 cereals and 4 more bags, and then got another $3 Cat coupon which I then used to pay for 4 more cereals.

You can find most of the cereal coupon info on the list at GrocerySmarts. I also used a 1.00/2 Catalina coupon for the almond milk.

Total: $78.22 + (6) $5 gift cards

So, after factoring in the gift cards, my net price was $48.22.

0 comments: