Not sure I could say it better myself...

Wednesday, April 13, 2011


What an amazing video, and an amazing story for this stake!

I wish there was a way to let you see into my heart, and be able to adequately express just how strong a testimony I have that food storage is a gospel principle, just as important as tithing, or the Word of Wisdom, or chastity, or any others. I can't even begin to list all of the blessings that my family has received as we have followed the prophet's counsel to become prepared, and even if I could list them all, you might not even believe me. The last 2 1/2 years have been absolutely life changing, and I know, as sure as I know that God lives, that many of the things that have occurred and many of the blessings we have received are a DIRECT result of our family's willingness to obey this commandment and gather our food storage.

"There is a law, irrevocably decreed in heaven before the foundations of this world, upon which all blessings are predicated -

"And when we obtain any blessing from God, it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated." (D&C 130:20-12)

I encourage you to try it out for yourselves. The best way to gain your own testimony of the importance of food storage, is to put it to the test and see what happens. Make an effort to get started, and the Lord will provide the way for you to accomplish your goal. You will receive blessings that you never knew were possible!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

This video gave me chills! Thank you so, so much for sharing :-)

Candi said...

You're very welcome! It is such a great video - so nicely done, and such great testimonies!

(It brought me to tears, but they were good tears, because I knew it was the Spirit testifying to me that what they were saying was true, and confirming my own testimony of the importance of food storage and preparedness.)