The Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos Get Even Better!

Friday, February 4, 2011
So, I am totally addicted to these awesome little things, and would probably eat them every meal if I could... But I previously had NO idea they came with a Cilantro Lime Ranch Dressing dipping sauce!!! Even better!!!

The girls of Our Best Bites were on Studio 5 this week, doing a segment on these masterpieces and they showed how to make the dressing/dipping sauce.

BTW, I am SOOO buying their cookbook the moment it is available in stores!

Oh, and you're not going to want to miss the end of the video clip - if you aren't drooling after they finish the taquitos and dip, you definitely will be by the time they finish the caramel sauce for the Pizzookies!

Video Courtesy of KSL.com



Actually, my favorite part about the entire clip is the tip about using green salsa instead of fresh tomatillos! Several times in the last few weeks I have thought about making Cafe Rio pork salads, but you really need the cilantro lime dressing with it, and that requires tomatillos, and I don't keep those on hand, and I never remember to pick them up at the store. But NOW I know a way to "fake" it, and I can have pork salad with cilantro lime dressing anytime I want, right from my food storage!!!

(Also, I noticed on the clip that they did their taquitos with flour tortillas, but I've been doing mine with corn tortillas.)

Here is the link to the recipes for both the taquitos AND the cilantro lime ranch dressing, from the Studio 5 website.

And here is the link for the Buttermilk Caramel Syrup they used on the cookie sundae cups (they call them "Pizzookies" on their site).

Or if you prefer, here are the links directly to each recipe on the Our Best Bites site:

Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos
Cilantro Lime Ranch Dressing
Pizzookies
Buttermilk Caramel Syrup

0 comments: