What I'm Buying - Fresh Market 12/23

Wednesday, December 23, 2009
This was my first trip to Fresh Market since they switched over from Albertsons several weeks ago. The ads for Fresh Market have so far been almost identical to the Macey's and other AFS store's ads.

I had a fabulous checker today, he was super fast, and super friendly! His name was James - if you go to the Fresh Market on 47th and Redwood, keep your eye out for him!

The customer behind me in line saw me pull out my coupons and was surprised at how much I was able to save. She asked me about it and I told her that I use the GrocerySmarts and PinchingYourPennies web sites, and the checker said he knew all about the PYP web site because his family uses it too! Awesome! :)

Anway, here's what I picked up today:


(4) Western Family medium pitted olives, on sale .88
(1) Solo clear cups 9oz 40ct, on sale 1.98 (.98 after coupon)
(1) Solo Gripz cups 12oz 30ct, on sale 1.98 (.98 after coupon)
(1) Langers pure pomegranante juice, on sale 3.99
(1) Nalley Garden Dill chips pickles, on sale 1.98 (1.23 after coupon)
(8) Coke products 2-liters, on sale .79
(1) Vlasic kosher dill spreads pickles, on sale 1.97 (1.47 after coupon)
(3) Western Family sour cream 16oz, on sale .87
(1) MinuteMaid Pomegranante Lemonade, on sale 2.49 (total impulse buy!!!)
(6) Western Family frozen orange juice concentrate, on sale .88
(12) Tony's Crispy Crust pizza, on sale .88 (.38 after coupon)
(3) Nautilus cooked shrimp 1lb [ad says "large" size, but sale tag was under the "jumbo" size], on sale 3.99
(2) pomegranates, 1.99 each
(1) lemon, .50
(2) Litehouse carmel dips, on sale 2.50 (1.50 after coupon)
(3) fresh veggies tray, on sale 4.99

I used (2) 1.00/1 coupons for the cups [see SS-12/6], (1) .75/1 printable coupon for the Nalley pickles [see GroupB at GrocerySmarts], (1) .50/1 printable coupon for the Vlasic pickles [see GroupB at GrocerySmarts], (12) .50/1 coupons for the pizza [see SS-10/4 and SS-12/13], and (2) 1.00/1 coupons for the Litehouse dips [see SS-9/20, SS-8/30 or SS-12/13].

The pomegranates, sour cream, lemon and pomegranate juice are all for THIS recipe (I'm supposed to take a cheesecake to the family Christmas dinner, so I thought I would try this one).

And I was excited to see the shrimp on sale, because then I can use it in THIS recipe for Lemony Shrimp Scampi Pasta.

Total: $72.00

That's a lot more than I usually spend in one trip, but I still feel like I got some great deals. And the veggie trays are for putting out on my counter over the next few days so that I can munch on them INSTEAD of chips, sweets, cookies, chocolates, etc. I thought maybe if I got veggies that were already prepped and cut and ready to go, that I'd be more inclined to actually eat the stuff... :)

0 comments: