What I'm Buying - Albertsons

Friday, April 3, 2009

Here is what I got at Albertsons this morning:

2 boxes Apple Jacks cereal - 1.99 each
2 boxes Honey Smacks cereal - 1.99 each
3 boxes Special K Blueberry cereal - 2.49 each
2 Shopper's Value granulated sugar, 4lb. - 1.89 each
6 cans Dole pineapple, 20oz. - 1.00 each
4 Trop50 orange juice, 59oz. - 3.00 each
2 Van De Kamp's fish sticks, 44ct - Buy 1 Get 1 free (7.49 total for both)
3 dozen eggs - FREE

I had the following coupons:
(4) .70 off 1 box any Kellogg's cereal
(3) 1.00 off 1 box Kellogg's Special K Blueberry
(1) in-ad coupon for free dozen eggs when you buy 3 Special K cereals
(1) in-ad coupon for granulated sugar at 1.39 (.50 off - limit 2)
(3) .55 off 2 cans Dole pineapple
(2) 1.00 off 1 carton Trop50
(1) 1.00 off 2 cartons Tropicana juice, any
(2) in-ad coupon for free dozen eggs when you buy 2 Trop50 juices
(1) 5.00 off coupon (from the second set of Post cereal bought earlier this week)
(1) 3.00 off coupon (from the Taco Bell products bought earlier this week)

Now, you'll notice that I paid more than 1.00 for my cereal (even though I said on Sunday that you shouldn't pay more than 1.00 a box) BECAUSE there is a special promo for FREE milk when you buy Kellogg's cereal! Buy 3, get 1 gallon milk free; buy 4, get 2 gallons free; buy 7, get 3 gallons free.

I bought a total of 7 boxes. I got Catalina coupons at the end of my purchase good for 3 free gallons of milk. And what was even better was that the 3 Special K that I bought counted towards the free milk AND also counted for the free dozen eggs deal, too!

My total paid was: $24.68 (includes tax), and I got 3 coupons for free gallon milk AND I got a coupon for a FREE carton of Tropicana orange juice on my next trip (because I bought 4 Trop50)

(The cereal, pineapple and sugar are all headed downstairs for food storage and the eggs are getting hardboiled for Easter egg dying next week)

5 comments:

Peay Family said...

Where are you getting the coupons? Just the regualr sunday papers?

Candi said...

The Catalina coupons ($5 and $3) came from my trip to Albertsons on Monday (see the previous "What I'm Buying" post).

The in-ad coupons came from the weekly Albertsons sales flyer.

The $1/1 Trop50 coupons were internet printables from the Tropicana website. The $1/2 Tropicana coupon was a peelie from a Tropicana I bought last week at Smiths.

All the others were from the coupon inserts from Sunday papers (I get the "Sunday Preview" edition that is available at Walmart on Saturdays - has the same coupons as the full Sunday paper, and it comes in a double deal so you get 1 SLTrib and 1 DesNews for $2).

kare said...

I feel so overwhelmed!!! You make it sound so easy!!! Where in walmart do you get that sunday preview? I am going to start following this blog. Please keep posting what you buy, so I can duplicate it until I get the hang of it. YOU'RE A LIFESAVER!!!

Candi said...

The Sunday Preview papers are at the beginning of each of the main aisles that go from front to back of the store. If you were to go straight after you enter either set of main doors, you'd be looking down one of those main aisles, and about 20-30 feet inside, they have the papers in a black metal stand. (If you go in the left side doors, they have that french bread stand thing - they're usually just beyond that, right in front of the first food display in the middle of that aisle - across from the flowers and to the left of the clothing).

They usually deliver them by about 10:30am on Saturdays, but I've been able to still get them as late as 9pm, so they should be there throughout the day I think.

Candi said...

Don't get too overwhelmed - just remember to start small. I just started by doing one or two 5-star deals from the grocery lists each week. Then I gradually added more and more as I got the hang of it.